The Big Mountain Liberator
As the big mountain liberator, the MEGATRAIL is leading the revolution in trail bike freedom, providing riders with wheel-size choice, full build-kit customization options, and the radical Gravity Mode™. And just like the GG/DH, it’s made right here in Colorado.
As a highly refined and extremely versatile trail bike, the MEGATRAIL is built for everything from conquering high-alpine adventures to getting after it at your local enduro race, or just slaying your after-work rides. And when it’s time to turn the Rad up to 11, Gravity Mode™ provides a 30-second, one-bolt geometry toggle that transforms the bike into a downhill dominator.
The MEGATRAIL isn’t purely focused on downhill domination, though. With extremely well-tuned anti-squat characteristics and mid-stroke support, this is one of the best pedaling bikes on the market.
Frames start at $1925, with complete builds starting at $3495. There are four stock builds--Enduro 1, Enduro 2, Trail 1, and Trail 2--all of which are fully customizable, for spec or wheelsize.
Ready to sign up for your MEGATRAIL? Use the pre-order link below, frames are delivered in the order deposits are received--no bulk overseas shipments here; frames are finished individually!
Pre-order yours! - Check out Build Kits - Read VitalMTB's Review
Frame Info & Specs:
- Modern geometry utilizing a roomy cockpit designed for short stems and wide bars, slack head angle, and low bottom bracket
- Both front and rear triangles are optimized for each specific wheelsize (26" or 27.5"), giving you the choice to run whatever you want; 27.5" front/26" rear is also possible
- Building on the lively ride qualities of the GG/DH downhill frame, this design achieves best-in-class pedaling, next-level cornering, and downhill domination
- Suspension developed with input from Cane Creek for the DB Air CS, and optimized for air shocks, providing support while pedaling, small bump sensitivity, and progression for hard bottom out resistance
- 150 and 160 mm rear wheel travel, 200 x 57 mm shock
- 1.5" head tube, Cane Creek Angleset compatible
- Optional, replaceable ISCG05 chainguide mount
- 12 x 142 Syntace rear axle
- High quality Enduro Maxx bearings (they have more balls)
- Stealth cable routing for adjustable-height seat post
- Threaded bottom bracket, greatly reduces creaking and loosening (vs press fit)
Frame weight: 7 lbs. with hardware (size Medium, no shock)
Geometry in Trail Mode
- 150mm travel
- 13.2" BB height
- 66.5º Head angle
- Leverage curve tuned with more mid stroke support for climbing efficiency, yet still without a harsh top stroke or blowing through the travel.
Geometry in Gravity Mode™
- 160mm travel
- 12.7" BB height
- 65.5º Head angle
- Leverage curve tuned for more bump compliance and grip...all out ripping.
- This mode is a radical departure from most aggressive "do it all" bikes, but we developed this mode to feel like a mini DH bike that can still pedal. BB height is set to the same sagged height as the GG/DH, along with tuning the leverage curve to also feel like a shorter travel GG/DH.
- Effective Top Tube: 23"*
- Wheelbase: 44.7"
- Effective Top Tube: 24"*
- Wheelbase: 45.7"
- Effective Top Tube: 25"*
- Wheelbase: 46.7"
- Effective Top Tube: 26"*
- Wheelbase: 47.7"
* Measured with 1/4" seatpost offset
- XS: 4'10" - 5'4"
- Small: 5'4" - 5'9"
- Medium: 5'9" - 6'1"
- Large: 6'1" - 6'6"
- 31.6 seatpost
- 34.9 seatpost clamp
- 142 mm rear wheel spacing
- 73 mm BB spacing
Pre-order yours! - Check out Build Kits- Read VitalMTB's Review