FULL CARBON, READY TO TAKE FLIGHT
Believe it or not, we’ve opted to put heavy metal in the past for our singletrack flyer. The Trail Pistol is Fully Revved from front to rear, rendering it 300 grams lighter and 50% stiffer. Lightweight construction paired with aggressive geometry creates an efficient pedaling platform on the way up, that will surprise you on the way down.
The Trail Pistol pairs 120 mm of efficient Freedom Linkage-controlled travel with 29” wheels to create a bike that’s quick and nimble, but with enough grit to handle the chunk when things get more technical. For those that don’t want to follow the rules for what a short travel trail bike is capable of, the Trail Pistol is for you.
- Revved Carbon Technology
- GG Modular Frame Platform with GeoAdjust Headset
- Freedom Linkage - Our proprietary suspension design that provides a wide adjustment range and is versatile enough for air or coil shocks.
- Integrated-External Cable Door - Combines the sleekness of internal routing with the no-fuss and maintenance-friendly access of external routing
- Frame storage system - Multiple locations to mount your water bottle or tool kit bracket
- External brake hose clip system - You’ll no longer find zip ties directly on our frame. The new brake hose system “clips, twists, and inserts” to secure the hose
- Internal swingarm cable routing. - Feed the derailleur cable into the front of the swingarm, and it exits at the other end
- Molded rubber protector - A newly designed protector with recessed fit gives riders additional clearance between the crank arm and protector, and prevents catching or edge peel
- Pivot bushings, where they make sense - To create an even stiffer rear triangle interface, the updated Trail Pistol seatstay/swingarm pivot switches from ball bearings to proven IGUS bushings for lighter weight, better fit, and a longer service life
- Frame material: Revved Carbon front and rear triangle
- Fork travel: 120 - 140 mm
- Frame travel: 120 mm
- Shock size: 210 x 50 mm
- Shock hardware: 8x20 (f), 8x30(r)
- Seatpost: 30.9 mm with stealth dropper routing
- Seatpost clamp: 37 mm (included with frame)
- Max seatpost insertion: See Dropper Fitment Guide
- Chainguide mount: ISCG05
- Bottom bracket: 73 mm BSA threaded
- Chainline: 52mm
- Max chainring size: 34t
- Rear wheel dish: None
- Derailleur hanger: Sram Universal Derailleur Hanger (UDH)
- Brake mount: 180 Post mount
- Max tire size: 29 x 2.6"
Revved Carbon makes possible the US manufacturing of carbon full suspension bike. And it is 300% tougher, with a smoother ride quality.
Fully Revved Rear Triangle
Saving 300g and increasing rear triangle torsion 50%, the Revved rear triangle is a technological marvel, earning its patents and underscoring GG innovation.
Frame Storage System
A trademark GG feature since 2016, our Frame Storage Bracket can be mounted up high or down low, ensuring you always have the gear you need.
|A. Head Angle*||65.4º||65.4º||65.4º|
|B. Seat Tube Angle - Actual||74.3º||74.3º||74.3º|
|C. Seat Tube Angle - Effective||78.3º||78.1º||77.9º|
|D. Bottom Bracket Height*||333 mm||333 mm||333 mm|
|E. Chainstay Length||430 mm||430 mm||430 mm|
|F. Effective Top Tube**||583 - 593 mm||613 - 623 mm||648 - 658 mm|
|G. Reach**||458 - 468 mm||483 - 493 mm||513 - 523 mm|
|H. Stack||601 mm||618 mm||636 mm|
|I. Wheelbase**||1190 - 1200 mm||1223 - 1233 mm||1262 - 1272 mm|
|J. Standover||715 mm||717 mm||719 mm|
|K. Head tube Length||100 mm||120 mm||140 mm|
|L. Seat tube Length||400 mm||430 mm||480 mm|
** GeoAdjust Headset offers 10 mm of adjustment between Long and Short setting
Every GG bike includes:
- A 30 minute easy assembly with standard tools (not included) -- leave the hard part like tuning the derailleurs and adjusting the brakes to us!
- Clear communications while your order is in the queue and advanced notifications as your order gets close to shipping.
- The GG Owner's Area, where you will find detailed instructions for initial assembly and setup, tuning tips and tricks, and in-depth technical documentation.
- Industry leading rider support, available via email and phone, in case you need it.
Typically, GG bikes ship in two boxes. One box is your frame with components pre-installed and pre-adjusted. The second box is for your wheels, with tires, rotors and cassettes pre-installed.
Framesets without wheels ship in one box and include a complete GeoAdjust headset, seatpost collar, derailleur hanger, rear axle and any additionally ordered components.
"If you’re a rider who wants a bike that combines a more lively ride with enough stability to push harder and go faster than those more XC-oriented 120mm bikes, the Trail Pistol makes a very strong case for itself.
"The Trail Pistol is a riot. It's a capable, quick, lively little trail bike.
Proudly Made In Colorado
All GG Frames are made in-house, right here in Denver, custom made, just for you.
Future Proof Your Ride
The signature Modular Frame Kits mean you can adjust between travel, wheelsize and chainstay length as your riding evolves.
Fine Tune The Fit
In just a minute, swap between long and short mode and the Geo Adjust Headset. Personalized fit and optimized handling.