Guerrilla Gravity is looking for a world class TIG Welder to make badass mountain bike frames from aluminum and steel. The welder is responsible for producing frames from fabricated tubes and machined parts in the configuration required from sales to efficiently keep production going with world class quality in a lean manner. Responsibilities also include handling necessary backend processes, from working with the CNC machinist and fabricator to ensure a just in time delivery of needed parts, cleaning the shop, cleaning parts for welding, or assisting with whatever production bottleneck may have arisen. This position requires an excellent TIG welding skill level, which will likely be with a well experienced candidate, but if you are exceptionally skilled without many years of experience, you are still welcome to apply.
- World class TIG welding skill with aluminum and chromoly steel
- Attention to detail in everything you do
- Obsession with quality and efficiency
- Ability to problem solve independently
- Drive to create and continually improve systems
- Treat expensive machinery and tools as if you paid for them
- Lean manufacturing mindset
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Located in Denver Metro Area (position is based out of our shop)
- Certified Welding Inspector endorsement
- Management or supervisory experience
- Higher level education in manufacturing, engineering, or materials
- Familiarity with mountain bikes/biking
- Familiarity with competitors’ products
- Salary will be disclosed during first phone interview
- Send Matt your résumé to Bikes@RideGG.com
- Use the subject line: “TIG Welder Application”
- Spell our name correctly
- Instead of a cover letter, please answer the below question, and limit the response to 300 words.
- Describe possible quality issues of a production welded aluminum structure made from thin wall tubing and machined parts. Also describe ways to efficiently prevent these issues from developing.
- Please use only email during the application process--no phone calls or walk-ins
- Immediate start date available