About Seatstay Kits
New for 2019 are Seatstay Tuning Kits, available as part of GG's new Modular Frame Platform. These Seatstay Kits allow you to convert your bike from one model to another*, "tuning" your bike for different terrain, without having to buy a whole new bike.
You can use this kit to convert your current bike* to the Megatrail. Click More Options to find the necessary parts needed to complete your Modular Frame swap, plus additional customization components that you may want or need.
*Assuming you already have one of the 2019 GG bikes with the Modular Frame Platform.
The Tuning Kit includes all hardware necessary to install on your GG Modular Frame, including:
- Derailleur hanger and bolt
What's Not Included?
Generally, what's not included are the parts you need to remove anyways in order to swap components (e.g. axle and frame hardware) or that aren't removed in the first place (e.g. rocker). Also, any necessary components will need to be purchased with the kit (e.g. shock, fork).
If switching between wheel sizes, we recommend getting an additional lower cup for your GeoAdjust Headset. The Short Lower Cup is designed to be used with 29 front-ends; the Tall Lower Cup is designed to be used with 27.5 and 27.5 Plus front-ends.
Other things to consider:
- Do you have the correct shock size?
- Do you have a 27.5" fork? The Megatrail is designed to work with 27.5 forks with 140-160 mm travel
- Do you need a 27.5" wheelset?
- Do you need 27.5" tires?
- Make wheel swapping quick and easy by ordering tires, rotors, and cassettes.
We'll go ahead and install any of the components on your order so you can hit the trail sooner. This includes tubeless tire setup, cassette, and rotor installation.
To view the all of the Megatrail's fitment specs, click over to the Features & Specs tab.
Learn more about GG's Modular Frame Platform
The Megatrail is an extremely versatile trail bike, built for everything from conquering high-alpine adventures to shredding bike park laps, or just slaying your after-work rides. And when it's time to turn the Rad Knob up to 11, Gravity Mode provides a 30-second, one-bolt geometry toggle that transforms the bike into a downhill dominator.
- Freedom Linkage - provides a wide range of tuning options for both air and coil shocks
- Integrated-External cable routing - combines the sleekness of internal routing with the maintenance-friendly access of external routing
- Frame Storage System - eliminates the need for a pack on shorter rides
- Mounting bracket for tools and a tube
- Water bottle mount
- Frame material: Revved Carbon Technology with 6061 aluminum rear triangle
- Frame weight: 6.5 lbs. (2,950 g) frame with hardware (Size 3, no shock)
- Fork travel: 160 - 180 mm
- Shock size: 230 x 65 mm
- Shock hardware: 8x20 (f), 8x35(r)
- Seatpost: 30.9 mm with stealth dropper routing
- Seatpost clamp: 37 mm (included with frame)
- Max seatpost insertion: See Dropper Fitment Guide
- Chainguide mount: ISCG05
- Bottom bracket: 73 mm BSA threaded
- Chainline: Compatible with 52 - 55 mm
- Max chainring size: 34t
- Rear spacing: 12 x 148 Boost rear hub, offset 3 mm to the driveside for optimal chainline and clearance
- Derailleur hanger: Universal Syntace X-12 Type 1
- Brake mount: ISO
- Max tire size: 27.5 x 2.8"
Don't forget, all Guerrilla Gravity frames and bikes come with access to the GG Rider Program, which gives you 10% off all the gear in the retail shop.
Lead time on Seatstay Tuning Kits is typically 2-3 weeks. If you need them by a certain date, don't hesitate to contact us.