While we love building badass bikes, building community is an equally big focus at Guerrilla Gravity and there’s no better way to do that than spend a few days riding and camping in the PNW withyour closest GG compatriots. Get to know the GG-crew and your fellow GG-riders (and maybe their non-GG riding friends) on the trail and around the campfire!
Bellingham is a legendary mountain biking destination that’s as special to returning riders as with first-timers. We’re pretty dang stoked to get back out there again!
- We'll be pedaling to Galbraith from Lutherwood each day and self-shuttling all descents. Be prepared to pedal around 30 minutes from camp to Galby.
- Each ride will have two "guides." The “guides” are only there to make sure everyone knows where they're going (the rabbit) and no one gets left behind (the sweep). They are not EMTs and are not bike mechanics (well, some of them are, but don't rely on that). So bring your own tools and backcountry injury-knowhow.
- There's a little bit of everything for everyone at Galby. We've planned some routes that will be enjoyable for intermediate to advanced riders.
Lutherwood Campground is a quick drive to downtown Bellingham for food/beer runs.
- Make sure to RSVP on our website to make sure there’s room for you and any amigos that are joining us (each person needs to RSVP).
- There is car parking onsite (but please carpool to ensure we have enough room!).
- Feel free to arrive anytime after 10 am on Friday.
- Extra brownie points for bringing firewood to donate to the cause (of keeping the fire stoked).
- There are fire rings, vault toilets,and trash receptacles at the Meadow campground.
- Running water, electricity, and shower facilities are available on the Lutherwood grounds but not immediately at the Meadow campground. Please plan accordingly.
- Lutherwood is tent camping only without any RV facilities.
- Please leave your furry friends at home if you're camping with us.
Attendees are responsible for their own meals (get your DIY on!)
- Lutherwood has a mess hall onsite and meal plan options are available with your registration.
- On Saturday night, our BAMF Josh M will be hosting a cookout at his place, let us know if you'll be planning on chowing down over there.
- Camp stoves are permitted and cooking over an open fire is encouraged.
- If you need to run into town for food, Bellingham is 20 minutes away on four wheels.
- Remember, we'll be doing a lot of riding, so stay hydrated to counter your beer consumption.
- While we encourage bringing your party pants, note that quiet time starts at 10 pm.
- There will be some backyard games, and we're totally open to getting some Beer Olympics going! Bring out your favorite games so we can see if beginner’s luck applies to more than first-timers heading down the Portal Trail.
Friday July 5th - Galby Warmup
- Ride: Mellow spin around Galbraith to stretch your legs out after traveling. Riding Spacewolf, Das Autobahn, and Irish Death
- Distance: ~8 miles and 1800' of descending
- Technical Difficulty: 7/10
- Campsite check-in anytime after 3 pm, hang out, shoot the sh*t
Saturday July 6th - Galby Bangers
- 10:30am roll out from the campground
- Ride Option 1, Advanced: Cougar Ridge, Devil Cross, Lower Devil Cross, Unemployment Line, Atomic Dog
- Distance: 16 mi, 3000' of descending
- Technical Difficulty: 9/10
- Ride Option 2: Intermediate: Cougar Ridge, Whoopsie Woodle
- Distance: 12 mi, 2300' of descending
- Technical Difficulty: 6/10
- This ride ends with a 30 minute pedal back to the campground.
Saturday Night, July 6th - Bonus: Galby Northside Party Laps
- Ride: Flow trails and jump lines on Cedar Dust, Cedar Dust Jump Zone, SST, Backdoor
- Distance: ~8 miles and 1100' of descending
- Technical Difficulty: 5-10/10
- Optional ride for killin' time while the burgers are grillin'
Sunday July 7th - High fives and goodbyes
- Pack up your gear and clean up the campground by 11 am
- Ride: Chuckanut Shuttles
- Time: Noon
- Distance: How many laps do you want to shred before you leave town?
- Technical Difficulty: 7/10
- Go home. Remember: don’t be sad that it’s over, but excited it happened. And your legs are tired.