This is a shout out to all girls that like riding bikes, whether you're shredding the gnar every day or just starting out. Do you find yourself mostly riding with guy friends? Not that guys aren't great and all ;) BUT, wouldn't it be great to find other like-minded shredtastic ladies?
After some head scratching, asking what is missing in the ladies riding community, and getting input from a few girlfriends: We agree that what is needed is a community that makes mountain biking more inclusive, fun, and supportive for the ladies. Inspired by the Riot Grrrl movement of punk punk, let's bring ladies to the front in mountain biking!
Here at Guerrilla Gravity, our mantra is to make mountain biking more awesome for everyone--and that includes ladies! So as we build the movement and get other ladies involved, I encourage you to give me a shout! Whether you want to go ride, want to be a Ride It Grrrl ambassador, or just have an idea, I want to hear from you!
See ya on the dirt,
Kristy A (Kristy@RideGG.com)
Ride It Grrrl Overview
- Building an inclusive, welcoming community that brings #GirlsToTheFront
- Hosting community events, from group rides to skills clinics to maintenance classes
- Making mountain biking more awesome, for everyone
- Wondering about the benefits of bringing women together to ride mountain bikes? 5280 wrote a great article. Give it a read.
What about women's specific bikes?
At GG, we believe in individuality and building a bike that's right for the rider, regardless of gender. Use our size configurators on the bike builder pages to see the recommended setup for your height. If you'd like to know about any specific details to fit you and your style, shoot an email to our rider support team who can help put together the perfect bike for you.
2021 Ride It Grrrl Events
These event dates may change or be cancelled based on the COVID-19 situation.
- Sunday, July 25th - Bike Park day (Keystone, CO)
- Saturday, August 7th - Bike Park day with Life's 2 Short Fitness (Winter Park, CO)
- Wednesday, August 25th - Wrench it Grrrl with Life's 2 Short Fitness
- Friday - Sunday, October 1st - 3rd - Western Slope Camping and Riding Weekend (Fruita, CO)
- Saturday, November 6th - Lake Leatherwood Shuttles (Bentonville, AR)
- More events coming soon